I don't have much time to post everything at once, so I'll just post when I have a chance. Today on my lunch break time i was doodling and drew my wedding cake. (Note: I am not an artist...haha) When we went to the JSMB to settle all our reception details, our event planner thought I was ridiculous for only wanting a 6'' cake. I was just sure that's what I wanted, and then we went to Barbara "The Cake Lady"....
Barbara brought out samples of her cake...and I was nervous to try until i took the first bite! I'm just gunna say that you ALL are going to want to come to the reception just for the wedding cake! It's moist, it's fresh, and it tastes GREAT! She has really unique flavors, too. I was dying over the Banana Nut and the Almond Poppyseed, but to add variety we decided to do the Almond Poppyseed on the bottom layer and the Key Lime on the top layer.
Bonus: she has edible pearls, so i get to have pearls all over my cake! All the little designs are pearls and frosting, won't that be pretty??
Drawing:
Another Bonus--no Fondant! Barbara can also do a really thin Marzipan layer (kind of an almondy frosting) that looks great and tastes great too! It's kind of a cream color (another bonus) so it's perfect with our colors!
To top it all off--the cake feeds so many people! We're having a cake bar for our refreshments, so we'll just add the wedding cake to it and everyone can have a piece! Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment