Monday, June 9, 2008

Wedding Hair, Take 1

So for the past few weeks I've been in consultation with Annie (Seth's sister-in-law the famous hairdresser) and others about my wedding hair. I was really excited to have it kind-of up but still show off the length, but with the record heat around here I've realized that there's a slim chance that I'll actually be able to have my hair down and still look great after and hour, let alone an entire day.

So after many pictures and lots of discussion, we've come up with some possibilities:

I really like the top of this one, but the bottom is a little too curly.

This is bordering on cliche utah big hair, but i like the chignon and how it looks on the sides...


I like the romantic-look of these two. I'm not sure if I'm committed to going curly, but it will be fun to try!!!




So...last night I did a quick test run.

Wedding Hair


I found out a few things

1. I'm going to need lots of setting spray and silicon glossy stuff so i don't have frizzies
2. I have a LOT of hair
3. I need a bigger pearl comb...sigh. (refer to #2)
4. I need lots more practice and about 100 more bobby pins and probably a professional!

I have recieved a few recommendations for hair-up-doers in the Bountiful area, but I wondered if anyone had any other recommendations?? If Annie can come to the wedding I'll have her do my hair on the wedding day, but we have to get pictures on the 10th and I'll need someone on that day for sure! Let me know if you have any ideas!

4 comments:

Heather said...

jane - because I love you and because you did my hair for my wedding - I'll step up and volunteer to do your hair. :)

Just kidding. You don't want me to do your hair. But I'll ask around here. :0 okay!

cameron said...

ha ha...i love carrie underwoods and jessica albas...to be honest...I LOVE YOUR HAIR CURLY...ALMOST THE BEST...HOWEVER...WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN HAIR ISSUES, LIKES AND DISLIKES...THUS DEF. DO WHAT YOU FEEL THE MOST AT EASE WITH...YOU'LL BE ANGRY AT THE TPICS IF YOU DON'T

Allison said...

I vote for the Jessica Alba look - I think that would look gorgeous on you Jane!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

my fave is carrie underwood. 2nd fave is jessica alba. GOOD LUCK. i didn't really do my hair for my wedding and now have regrets every time i look at the photos. :(